SOLSC 20/31

She put pulled out her tablet and quickly put in her password.

“See Sophie? I have The Game of Life.”  She said gesturing to the small colorful square in the corner. I pushed myself up onto my toes and gazed at it for a moment before quickly tapping it over and over with my index finger. She yanked it away.

“Okay, okay, we can play it!” Her hair swayed as she laughed at my childishness. I grinned, knowing I had gotten what I had wanted. Friends are like that; if they can give you something simple, like a game, they will. Another girl joined us to play the game as the screen lit up with the wrong color. Oopsies. I looked away and pretend I didn’t notice as the two of them yelled at me jokingly. I shrugged and smiled some more as they fixed it quickly one of them shaking their head at me.

“I call orange!” I shouted over their argument about who gets the blue car. Once they finished (one with blue, the other, not-so-happy with green,) we spun the wheel, only getting to the second player as the bell rang out loudly through the classroom, sending people running.

“We can play again on Monday! Then every day till we finish!” She said as she put her tablet back into its case and gathered up her papers. The three of us ran out of the door, and into the flood of Middle Schoolers, excited for Monday.

One thought on “SOLSC 20/31”