SOLSC 25/31

As I walk down the hallway, dodging the few students that still lurk in the hall ways, I notice something on the ground. Its small, and black with a tiny brown stripe down the middle. I walk up next to it and stop, I slowly realize what it is. A baby. A baby Teddy Bear caterpillar. My eyes well up with tears, my hand start to shake as I quickly dry them up with my sleeves. I fall to my knees, unable to stand. I draw a few sideways glances from a few of my peers and a (really awesome super cool) teacher. They look towards the ground in front of me were Mr. SneezeALot lies. (I named him as soon as I learned he had had a life.)

“Whats wrong Sophie?” My first hour teacher cooed. I glanced up at her, eyes still glistening.

“A baby caterpillar. He was smooched…” I informed her, as she began to share my little frown. I had to get to class soon. I needed nothing for my second hour band class that wasn’t already in the room. “I want to do something for him, but I don’t want to pick him up…” I said, really not wanting to touch him.

“Aww, well you better get to class Sophie, bells gonna ring soon.” She said, yet again, one hundred percent right. As she began to disappear behind her door, I slowly brought myself to my feet, wishing adieu to the little caterpillar.